Berberine Antibacterial Lavender Face Wash
This remedy combines the antibacterial properties of two berberine-containing herbs to fight the bacteria that is the underlying cause of facial breakouts of acne and pimples.
Bring to a slow boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain, cool and use as a face wash or compress
To make a paste:
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried Oregon graperoot
- 1 teaspoon chopped goldenseal root
- (or 2 teaspoons either one)
Mix all ingredients. Apply to pimples and let dry. Rinse or gently wash off.
Caution Oregon graperoot stains fabric
- 1 teaspoon of powdered Oregon graperoot or goldenseal root
- a few drops of water
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil